The Folwell Neighborhood Association and Folwell Park are excited to bring you the 2019 Annual Resource Fair and Ice Cream Social! Come join the fun on Thursday June 20 from 5-8 pm at Folwell Park over by the Park Building.
Check out all the Incredible things you will find at the Fair this year!
We are elevating things year to provide a solid three hours of community fun!
There will be tables and chairs so residents can sit, stay, and enjoy the event. Thank you to Northend Hardware for helping sponsor!
Our very own Fremont Clinic will be there as First Aid to ensure the safety of all participants.
Free Ice Cream: The park was donated a ton of Diet Root Beer so Root Beer floats are available! Vegan frozen treats will also be available!
$1 Snow Cones from Lady Kay: Ice donated by NPR’s Water Main, and compostable cups donated by FNA.
Wha’Jamacian is hosting $3 plates of incredible food! A menu set special just for Folwell:
Brown Stew Chicken
Steamed Veggies Medley,
All Served with Coconut Basmati Rice
This is cash only – purchase your food ticket at the FNA info table.
Events & Activities
For the first time ever Marcus Kar with Youth Farm is Emceeing the Xcel sponsored entertainment stage! You will experience the gifts of DJ SciPreme, David Abide Pellinen (House of Dance), Traiveon Dunlap and Unlimited & Next Level Drill & Dance Crew. It will be a solid three hours of entertainment, so make sure to bring a chair and stay for the evening
Starting at 5:30 pm: FLY UP Youth Team is hosting A Kids on Wheels event near the park Building. There will be 20 bikes ready to be fixed up and given to the first 20 kids who come.
7 pm: Kickball pick up game hosted by Squad of Players Adult Kickball League – (There is a picture on the Ice Cream Social Event page on FB if you want to grab that.)
Loppet is hosting a Free Sample Bike Adventure Course in the parking lot off Dowling.
The local Fire Department will have a rig on site so kids can get an up close and personal look and tour of the truck.
Folwell Park is sponsoring Youth Activities that include: a Video Game Truck, Inflatable Race Course, Face painters, Lawn Games and the Baron of Balloons. The Folwell Fun Factory Trailer will be coming out of retirement and making an appearance again in the Kid zone!
More than 60 Resource Vendors will be available to chat with residents about the work they do that impacts your lives.
Full Vendor List
- Asian Media Access-Multimedia afterschool programs
- Bill Magnuson Crime Prevention Specialist Minneapolis Police Department 4th PCT
- Build Youth of America
- Camden Lions
- Centered On Youth (COY)-Youth Prevention Outreach Services
- City of Minneapolis – Councilmember
- City of Minneapolis-Census and Neighborhoods 2020
- City of Minneapolis – Solid Waste & Recycling
- City of Minneapolis Regulatory Services-Housing Inspections, Fire Inspections, Traffic Control, Animal Control
- Cleveland Neighborhood Association
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School (Admissions Department)
- Emerge Community Development- Employment Services and Training
- FLY UP Folwell Youth
- FNA FNA Info booth
- FNA Housing
- Folwell Neighborhood Association Green Team
- Folwell Park
- Fremont Clinic
- Goddards Gardens
- Green Garden Bakery
- Greenway Homes Realty
- Growing North
- Hennepin County Child & Teen Check Up program – Promote preventative health & dental visits for children, teens & young adults .
- Hope Academy-K-12 Private School
- Hopewell Music Cooperative North – Art (Music) Education
- Housing Resource Network
- Juxtaposition Arts
- Juxtaposition Arts/EJCC
- Lowry Fire
- Mastery School
- McKinley Community Neighborhood Organization
- Metro Transit Public Transportation
- Minneapolis Urban League – Workforce/Wealth Accumulation/College Readiness
- Mississippi Watershed Management Organization-Partner with the community to keep local lakes and the Mississippi River clean and healthy, as well as supporting related habitat.
- MN House Fue Lee
- MN SNAP – spay/neuter surgeries for low-income families
- Mother’s Love-Resources for Black Mothers
- MPRB Water Quality Education lead
- NEON (Northside Economic Opportunity Network)
- Nice Ride Mn-Transportation and recreation
- North News
- North Regional Library
- NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center, Inc
- Northside Boxing Club
- Northside Fresh
- Northside Greenway Now!
- Northside History Association
- Northside Seniors-Social group for seniors and people
- Off The Blue Couch-Healing & Sustainability
- Park Board Rep
- Park Board Strategic Plan & Park Plans
- Prodeo Academy
- School Board Rep
- SCV-Domestic Abuse Support
- Sustainable Resources Center-Free lead testing, lead poisoning prevention and healthy homes education
- Tree Trust -Trees/Youth Employment Job Training
- Urban Homeworks-Home repair and owner assistance
- West Broadway Avenue Bridges reconstruction project – Hennepin County Public Works
- Women’s League of Voters – Voter registration
- Youth Farm
Are you interested in Tabling at this event?
Fill out this registration form by Monday June 17, 2019.
Already registered and looking for details?
Vendor information here
Interested in Volunteering?
Email Dani at email@example.com. Volunteers receive a free T-shirt, food tickets for the night, and an opportunity to give back to the community.