If you haven’t already, please read the following from the MN Department of Health around the Coronavirus and how to help flatten the curve. Governor Waltz has issued a Shelter In Place Mandate until May 4, 2020. Be sure you are reading correct information around the Coronavirus by Fact Checking.
Questions? Leave a message at or text 612.643.1686 or email email@example.com
Folwell-specific resources and events
If you are a resident who needs assistance, please fill out the REQUEST FORM. We will do our best to assist you.
New to Folwell Online? Join us for a friendly competition to get familiar!
You will be automatically entered to win a monthly cash prize when you:
- Sign-up for our email newsletter
- Join the Facebook Group – Tons of resources and information are shared here!
- Tag your Facebook posts with #FolwellStrong
- Attend a virtual meeting
All winners will be selected and announced at Neighborhood Night! Must be a Folwell resident to win. Check the calendar for how to join meetings and gatherings. All neighborhood meetings will have virtual links in the calendar event.
Walk Well in Folwell: Daily from 4-6 pm
Walking helps boost moods and gets residents moving while practicing social distancing. Bring a bag and gloves to pick up some trash too!
Distance Lunching: Daily from noon-2 pm
Grab your lunch, head out to your porch to say “Hi!” to neighbors and check-in. Build community while keeping a safe distance.
In This Together Signs
Make a sign to hang in your window and encourage folks out walking or driving by. #FolwellStrong
Volunteer and donation opportunities
Organizing on a hyper local community level maybe the best way to ensure vulnerable residents are taken care of. If you are able to help volunteer your time, resources, or funds please fill out the VOLUNTEER FORM.
- Donate items to the FNA Drop off location. Text 612-227.0410 to set up a time.
- Items include: non perishable food, over the counter medicine, toiletries, bottled water, Laundry and dish supplies, toilet paper, etc.
- Volunteer to help deliver donated goods to home bound residents.
IIf you would like to help support the neighborhoods efforts in securing supplies for those in need, you can donate here:
This response project is organized by and able to serve Folwell residents. If you live outside of Folwell, please contact your City Council Member or Neighborhood Association (contact info below). If you live in the Camden Community, you can fill out this form for assistance.
- Ward 4: Phillipe Cunningham – 612-673-2204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ward 5: Jeremiah Ellison – 612-673-2205 or email@example.com
Here are a list of updates and resources to help the community navigate the rapidly changing world we live in due to COVID-19:
The following resource list was put together by the University of Minnesota Medical School Program in Health Disparities Research. As in previous health emergencies, this crisis will disproportionately impact communities most marginalized by structural, social and economic inequities. It is broken up into useful topics including, in part, Food & Utilities, Families & Education, Employment, Housing, and Finances. It is a working document and will be updated as additional resources are identified.
- Free Meals for children
- Programs and Restaurants offering free meals to families
- Free Educational Resources
- Child Care Grants
- Seniors in Need
- Minneapolis COVID 19 Website
- MN COVID 19 Website
- MN State COVID 19 Responses and Updates
- Emergency Assistance (EA)
- MN State Resource Document
- Hennepin County Updates
- Coronavirus info in OTHER LANGUAGES
- 211 United Way Online
- Sick and Safe Time Ordinance – City of Minneapolis
- Gap Funding through the City of Minneapolis
- COVID-19 and Unemployment Benefits
- Small Business Assistance
- Minneapolis Small Business Resources
- RENTERS: Housing Resources
- LANDLORDS: Housing Resources
- Tenant Resource Center
- Metro Transit
FNA Official Responses
March 12 Letter to the Community
- For information in English
- Para obtener información en español
- Yog xav paub ntxiv nyob rau hauv Hmong
- Wixii macluumaad ah ee ku saabsan af-soomaaliga
March 23 Community Protect and Connect Response Plan
- For information in English
March 28 Stay Connected Flyer
The FNA is doing what we can to help organize efforts to ensure no resident is left without in a potential city wide shut down. We are communicating with local officials to organize efforts and receive updates. Responding to this national health pandemic is providing the neighborhood an opportunity to learn where our strengths are and where our growth areas are in responding to emergencies. We hope to build on this experience to create a strong strategy for whatever might come next. If you are interested in being apart of that work, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.