If you haven’t already, please read the following from the MN Department of Health around the Coronavirus and how to help flatten the curve. On March 25, 2020, MN Governor Walz issued a “stay-at-home” order for two weeks beginning Friday, March 27 at 11:59pm until Friday, April 10 at 11:59pm.
Questions? Leave a message at or text 612.643.1686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Folwell-specific resources and events
If you are a resident who needs assistance, please fill out the REQUEST FORM. We will do our best to assist you.
New to Folwell Online? Join us for a friendly competition to get familiar!
You will be automatically entered to win a monthly cash prize when you:
- Sign up for our email newsletter
- Join the Facebook Group
- Tag your Facebook posts with #FolwellStrong
- Attend a virtual meeting
All winners will be selected and announced at Neighborhood Night! Must be a Folwell resident to win. Check the calendar for how to join meetings and gatherings. All neighborhood meetings will have virtual links in the calendar event.
Walk Well in Folwell: Daily from 4-6 pm
Walking helps boost moods and gets residents moving while practicing social distancing. Bring a bag and gloves to pick up some trash too!
Distance Lunching: Daily from noon-2 pm
Grab your lunch, head out to your porch to say “Hi!” to neighbors and check-in. Build community while keeping a safe distance.
In This Together Signs
Make a sign to hang in your window and encourage folks out walking or driving by. #FolwellStrong
Organizing on a hyper local community level maybe the best way to ensure vulnerable residents are taken care of. If you are able to help volunteer your time, resources, or funds please fill out the VOLUNTEER FORM.
- Donate items to the FNA Drop off location. Text 612-227.0410 to set up a time.
- Items include: non perishable food, over the counter medicine, toiletries, bottled water, Laundry and dish supplies, toilet paper, etc.
- Volunteer to help deliver donated goods to home bound residents.
- If you don’t have time but would like to help contribute financially, you can donate through Paypal using email@example.com.
This response project is organized by and able to serve Folwell residents. If you live outside of Folwell, please contact your City Council Member or Neighborhood Association (contact info below). If you live in the Camden Community, you can fill out this form for assistance.
- Ward 4: Phillipe Cunningham – 612-673-2204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ward 5: Jeremiah Ellison – 612-673-2205 or email@example.com
Here are a list of updates and resources to help the community navigate the rapidly changing world we live in due to COVID-19:
- Free Meals for children
- Programs and Restaurants offering free meals to families
- Free Educational Resources
FNA Official Responses
March 12 Letter to the Community
- For information in English
- Para obtener información en español
- Yog xav paub ntxiv nyob rau hauv Hmong
- Wixii macluumaad ah ee ku saabsan af-soomaaliga
March 23 Community Protect and Connect Response Plan
- For information in English
March 28 Stay Connected Flyer
The FNA is doing what we can to help organize efforts to ensure no resident is left without in a potential city wide shut down. We are communicating with local officials to organize efforts and receive updates. Responding to this national health pandemic is providing the neighborhood an opportunity to learn where our strengths are and where our growth areas are in responding to emergencies. We hope to build on this experience to create a strong strategy for whatever might come next. If you are interested in being apart of that work, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.