To view current applicants for the open board seats, please see their profiles below.
There was a packed agenda at the April 2nd board meeting, including the announcement of 4 open board seats and the approval to hire our first staff position!
Due to changing lives and new personal adventures, we have had to say goodbye to more board members than we had expected so early in our first year together. We appreciate all the work they have done for Folwell and will continue to see some faces in the neighborhood and supporting us in new ways and we wish others a fond farewell as they move to embrace their new cities.
This leaves room for new faces, talents, and representation! We encourage anyone with interest to fill out a board application and to reach out to any of our current board members with questions about serving on the board of directors of the Folwell Neighborhood Association. Please let your neighbors know and your walking buddies and your coffee friends… help us spread the word to cast a wide net for these open seats.
OUTREACH & COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE:
In addition to the open seats, we are also seeking our first PAID position here with Folwell Neighborhood Association since the election of our new board of directors. This position will be part-time and support the efforts of the Communications Committee in the areas of outreach and community engagement. Please read the full job description for all details and email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or with any questions.
We’re excited for the growth and energy these new faces will bring to the Association!
The Folwell Neighborhood Association is greater than the sum of its parts… The diversity and experience found in the boundaries of this neighborhood is awe inspiring and what makes us all want to have the best Folwell we can have.
Are you interested in volunteering in your neighborhood?
Do you have hidden talents that you’re excited to get to test and expand?
Are you looking for a way to give back to the community around you?
We want you!! We want your energy, your experience, your talent and your enthusiasm! The Folwell Neighborhood Association is looking to grow our volunteer base in all areas. There are a variety of ways to get involved and share your talents… Anything from an hour a month to spearheading a single, focused initiative can help our neighborhood grow and connect. Please email email@example.com
A few examples to help spark some ideas:
- Board Member – The FNA is always seeking interested board members. While we currently have a full board, life changes will always happen and we may be in need unexpectedly. If you are interested, please reach out and learn what it means to serve on the FNA board and to be notified of any open seats.
- Writing / Reporting – The Folwell Flyer is currently seeking information curators to keep the neighborhood abreast of the important events happening around us.
- Event Support – The Communications Committee is seeking support for the June 21st Resource Fair. Do you have time to make some phone calls? Are you well connected in the North Minneapolis non-profit and/or city sectors? Do you love event planning and detail organization? We are hoping to get several people to help plan and execute the best Resource Fair Folwell has ever seen!
- Proofreaders – The Policy and Civic Engagement Committee will be needing some eagle-eyed proof readers this summer to aid in the updating of the FNA bylaws.
- Project Manager – All committees are seeking people with strong organizational skills to tackle special projects in their respective areas.
- Cultural Mentor – Are you proud of your heritage and want to help bring awareness and understanding to your history and culture? We would love to support events and discussions that celebrate all the diversity inside the boundaries of Folwell and the world.
- Greeter / Door Knocker – Are you outgoing and social?! Let us know! We will always be needing people to connect with our neighbors and to help greet and engage people at the events that will be happening throughout the year.
- Dog Lovers – Are you interested in starting a dog walking group with your neighbors? We can help you organize that!
- Park Lovers – Do you want to help us curate the information surrounding park updates to be sure all our neighbors are up to speed on the changes coming our way?
- The list can go on and on!
Below are the 2017 Folwell Neighborhood Association Meeting Minutes.
These will be updated with the unofficial meeting minutes within 72 hours of each meeting and will be further updated with official minutes once they have been approved.
January 2018 UNOFFICIAL
December 2017 Special Meeting OFFICIAL
December 2017 OFFICIAL
November 2017 UNOFFICIAL
October 2017 OFFICIAL
September 2017 OFFICIAL
August 2017 OFFICIAL
July 2017 OFFICIAL
June 2017 OFFICIAL
May 2017 OFFICIAL
April 2017 OFFICIAL
March 2017 OFFICIAL
February 2017 OFFICIAL
January 2017 OFFICIAL
We are so happy and excited to announce the new board of directors for the Folwell Neighborhood Association!