Neighborhood Connector Job Description
The Folwell Neighborhood Association (FNA) is seeking a part-time independent contractor to serve as a Connector that builds relationships with residents to foster involvement with the FNA. The Neighborhood Connector will report to the FNA Board. The FNA is a non-profit, managed by a board of directors and works for the benefit and betterment of the Folwell neighborhood in Minneapolis, MN. The FNA’s hiring values include equality, community representation, and local hiring within our community, but does not disqualify candidates on these principles.
- Connect with neighbors using door knocking, phone calls, house visits, events, and flyers
- Use Spotio database
- Organize and facilitate follow ups and 1×1’s with residents
- Attend weekly Connector meeting
- Attend Folwell’s monthly Neighborhood Night
- Help organize and host block parties
- Attend Neighborhood Connector Training, six month review, and exit interview
Hours and Benefits:
- Total Hours: 10 – 15 hours per week
- Pay: $18 per hour
- Phone will be provided by the FNA
- Vacation time not included / Benefits not included
Requirements and Proficiencies:
- Must be available during evenings and weekends, or when it works to connect with the community.
- Enjoys working with people
- Passionate about building community
- Able to walk and climb stairs
- Preferred Fluent in a second language (Spanish, Hmong, or Somali)
- Proficient in G-Suite
- Comfortable with technology
- Organizing training preferred but not expected
- Experience or training in de-escalation
- Experience or training in mediation
Applications are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get to know the FNA Staff!
Community Outreach and Communication