The Folwell Neighborhood Association has been working towards creating open dialog, providing opportunities for connection and involvement, and building community power. We have taken a step forward in this process by launching Neighborhood Night. Through the end of the year, the FNA will be hosting dinner, large group discussions and committee meetings once a month at Folwell Park. The goal is to create easy on ramps for involvement in the work of the neighborhood. We understand that there are challenges with this program idea, but we are confident that through working together, we can find a way to build systems that support the work that needs to get done.
The first Neighborhood Night will be Monday June 18, starting with dinner at 5:30pm. Program starts at 6pm, with the evening closing at 8:30pm. A set schedule for the remainder of the year will be determined at the first gathering. If you would like to help volunteer, or have questions, please contact Dani at email@example.com.
Please see a sample schedule below.
Neighborhood Night Sample Agenda – June 18, 2018
6:00pm Community Time
- Discussion around format for Neighborhood Night
- Large Post it’s for input around the room
- List Positives
- Find Hurdles
- Address questions and concerns from survey and audience
- Create sample schedule
- Finalize dates/times
6:45pm Committee Agendas presented
7:00pm Break out into small groups
- If committees aren’t presented, but residents are interested in the work, collect names and info
- If residents are available and don’t want to join a committee, they can continue casual conversation if they would like to stay
- Committees present will break out into small groups and discuss their agenda items.
8:00pm Regroup and Recap/Next steps
8:30pm Close and head home
** This is a sample schedule for a pilot program. The FNA board, staff and community will continue to work towards the healthiest version of engagement. This will be accomplished through open dialog, evaluation, diverse communication, board meetings, committees, and board meetings. Thank you for being apart of this work.