The Folwell Neighborhood Association is greater than the sum of its parts… The diversity and experience found in the boundaries of this neighborhood is awe inspiring and what makes us all want to have the best Folwell we can have.
Are you interested in volunteering in your neighborhood?
Do you have hidden talents that you’re excited to get to test and expand?
Are you looking for a way to give back to the community around you?
We want you!! We want your energy, your experience, your talent and your enthusiasm! The Folwell Neighborhood Association is looking to grow our volunteer base in all areas. There are a variety of ways to get involved and share your talents… Anything from an hour a month to spearheading a single, focused initiative can help our neighborhood grow and connect. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A few examples to help spark some ideas:
- Board Member – The FNA board of directors currently has an open seat. There will be a special election on May 7th – applications must be received on or before April 16th.
- Writing / Reporting – The Folwell Flyer is currently seeking information curators to keep the neighborhood abreast of the important events happening around us.
- Committee Chair – The C.L.E.A.N. Committee is currently seeking a new chair
- Event Support – The Communications Committee is seeking support for the June 21st Resource Fair. Do you have time to make some phone calls? Are you well connected in the North Minneapolis non-profit and/or city sectors? Do you love event planning and detail organization? We are hoping to get several people to help plan and execute the best Resource Fair Folwell has ever seen!
- Proofreaders – The Policy and Civic Engagement Committee will be needing some eagle-eyed proof readers this summer to aid in the updating of the FNA bylaws.
- Project Manager – All committees are seeking people with strong organizational skills to tackle special projects in their respective areas.
- Cultural Mentor – Are you proud of your heritage and want to help bring awareness and understanding to your history and culture? We would love to support events and discussions that celebrate all the diversity inside the boundaries of Folwell and the world.
- Greeter / Door Knocker – Are you outgoing and social?! Let us know! We will always be needing people to connect with our neighbors and to help greet and engage people at the events that will be happening throughout the year.
- Dog Lovers – Are you interested in starting a dog walking group with your neighbors? We can help you organize that!
- Park Lovers – Do you want to help us curate the information surrounding park updates to be sure all our neighbors are up to speed on the changes coming our way?
- The list can go on and on!