The Minneapolis City Council approved Green Homes North Round 5 (please see below). Of the 23 recommended proposals, 19 were approved. The 4 proposals that were not moved forward were proposals by AA Contracting and Kayak Properties, Inc in the Webber Camden neighborhood. CPED plans to bring the proposed designs back to the Community Development Committee at the next available cycle after alternative addresses are identified and the neighborhood organizations have the opportunity for review. CPED hopes to also release an additional round of GHN funding later in 2016.
Minneapolis City Council Agenda
February 26, 2016 – 9:30 a.m.
Room 317, City Hall
Members: Council President Barbara Johnson, Vice President Elizabeth Glidden, Majority Leader John Quincy, Minority Leader Cam Gordon, Council Members Kevin Reich, Jacob Frey, Blong Yang, Abdi Warsame, Lisa Goodman, Alondra Cano, Lisa Bender, Andrew Johnson, and Linea Palmisano
(Majority vote of all members, 7; 2/3 vote of all members, 9; quorum 7)
Council Committee Coordinator: Jackie Hanson 612-673-2046
Call to Order
- Roll Call.
- Adoption of the agenda.
- Acceptance of minutes of the regular meeting of February 12, 2016.
- Referral of petitions, communications, and reports of the City officers to the proper Committees and departments.
Reports of Standing Committees
Community Development & Regulatory Services
CDRS Committee Report of 2/16/2016
Referred Reports to Ways & Means Committee
- Land sale: Green Homes North Round 5 (16-00223)
- Passage of Resolutions approving the sale of the properties to the developers or affiliated entities, subject to conditions, as follows:
- Approving sale of property at 3242 Washburn Ave N (Disposition Parcel No. VH-627) to AQDuke, LLC for $5,000.
- Approving sale of property at 1205 Irving Ave N (Disposition Parcel No. VH-565) to Build Wealth MN for $2,500.
- Approving sale of property at 1505 Russell Ave N (Disposition Parcel No. VH-404) to City of Lakes Community Land Trust for $5,100.
- Approving sale of properties at 2700 Morgan Ave N, 2819 Knox Ave N, 296 Oliver Ave N, and 2950 Oliver Ave N (Disposition Parcel No. VH-630,VH-639,TF-746, and TF-634) to Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity, Inc. for $10,000.
- Approving sale of properties at 3927 Vincent Ave N, 5113 Dupont Ave N, 4746 Dupont Ave N, 4718 Emerson Ave N, 4634 Aldrich Ave N, and 4626 Aldrich Ave N (Disposition Parcel No. VH-577, VH-364, VH-640, VH637, VH-641, and VH-635) to Ibiza, LLC for $45,100.
- Approving sale of properties at 1511 Queen Ave N, 4847 6th St E, and 706 Newton Ave N (Disposition Parcel No. VH-634, VH-652, VH-638, VH-622, VH-608, and VH-247) to Kayak Properties, Inc.
- Approving sale of properties at 2412 Plymouth Ave N, 1514 Thomas Ave N, and 1352 Thomas Ave N (Disposition Parcel No. TF-429, VH-650, and VH-241) to Prestige Contractors, Inc. for $15,000.
- Denying sale of the following properties:
- 4131 James Ave N (Disposition Parcel No. VH-647) to AA Contracting Inc. for $5,300.
- 4311 Girard Ave N, 4155 Irving Ave N and 4241 Dupont Ave N (Disposition Parcel No. VH-634, VH-638, and VH-622) to Kayak Properties, Inc.
- Acceptance of a $416,670 grant from the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency for the Green Homes North Program and authorizing an agreement for the grant.
- Passage of Resolution approving appropriation to the Department of Community Planning & Economic Development.
- Approving the award of up to $1,314,363 for development gap funding for the construction of 23 green homes on City-owned vacant lots in North Minneapolis, as submitted by selected qualified developers in response to the City’s Request for Proposals.
- Authorizing related agreements with the selected qualified developers or affiliated entities.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. Thank you.
Principal Project Coordinator, Residential & Real Estate Development
City of Minneapolis – Community Planning and Economic Development
105 Fifth Avenue South – 200
Minneapolis, MN 55401-2534